Monday, November 12, 2007
The slowly going first applique project
Well the crow legs now have a body. Things are coming along well and I am glad I didn't wait too long after class to start on this pattern. There has been lots of places to practice everything I was taught. I have only had to pull a little bit back in a couple of places and that is because I have messed up which piece should have laid down first (for example the beak and the berry...I considered leaving the berry out).
Just some highlights and the eye to add now and hopefully it will really look like a crow then!
You will notice that on the beak I actually remember to use a complimenting thread as opposed to a contrasting thread like I accidentally did on the feet but then didn't want to have to entirely redo both of them. I decided I like them like that...
Posted by thequiltingdoberman at 8:36 PM