Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Card making

So this is sort of fun. Yesterday I went to Make an Impression in Issaquah. Not actually one of my more favorite stores, but the closet one. I was looking for maybe a new stamp for my last minute card making which means I won't actually get much done. I didn't find a new stamp, but I was fascinated by the use of tiny beads on cards.

Basically you have this super strong sheet of adhesive that you cut to shape, stick on the card and then sprinkle with these impossibly tiny and rambunctious beads. The process makes embossing seem controlled.

But, I liked the result. I don't know if the the photo will show it well.

First, just one ornament beaded so you can see what it looks like with and without beads:



Then, the all the ornaments beaded:



Lastly, and not related to beading, but rescue kitten had his neuter yesterday. I thought it meant that he would be slowed down for the day but no such luck. He weighed in at an impressive 8lbs (considering we could barely keep him at 2 lbs a couple of months ago this is amazing growth as the vet said) and while one of his teeth is still significantly offset it is still not a problem at this point.


No comments:

Post a Comment