Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Oregon roadtrip - Day one


Today Nim and I left for a road trip down to Jacksonville, Oregon to stay for about 5 days. It is about an 8 hour drive. Thankfully it rained less and less the more south we went. The above photo is at an Oregon rest stop that actually had a walking trail. There is supposed to be a representative tree for each state.


Thanks to my mom, I currently have a laptop and will actually maybe blog some of this trip which I hadn't planned on doing. I got nervous about my current class and was able to borrow my mom's laptop for the adventure! The added bonus to my Grammy is that there will be blog posts.



In addition to the laptop I also borrowed my parents Suburban. Nim likes this space a little too much.


Prior to heading out, Rusty and Nim had swimming so Nim slept for about the first 3 hours (thankfully).






He can stand and see so much more out of this car.


We are staying in a small trailer on about 11 acres of land. There is a lot of dogs around and Nim is driving me nuts. Although at this very moment he has given up and gone to sleep. I am really tired but can't sleep yet. And I always stink a bit at laptops so this post may be exceptionally disjointed.


He is smack in a suspicion stage. I really hope the last of the major suspicion stages. As the trip goes on he will adjust more and more. It is hard being a teenage Doberman.



He is confused by our new house.


In Rusty news I got a good call from my sister who he is staying with and thankfully he has decided to have a good day and is totally content.








4 comments:

  1. Do you want the car? I will sell it to you for a really great price! It looks like a doggy motel :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) It is an amazing car, but too much car. :) I can't thank you enough though. I would have been far more miserable in my own car for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rats! :) Thought I had a way to get rid of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe throw in the free laptop.

    ReplyDelete