Thursday, March 8, 2012

Redeeming the Day

I woke up a little cranky and not having slept particularly well. Nim woke up with a total attitude (maybe he didn't sleep well either). Needless to say, Obedience Class today wasn't stellar.

Around 3pm I still wasn't feeling great or focusing particularly well on my studying. So I decided Nim and I needed to get out (this is supposed to be the only really nice weather day for a bit). Possibly the best decision I have made all week...maybe not for the finals studying, but definitely for my own personal balance.

We went hiking in the the Tokul area. There was an unbelievable amount of storm damage on the trail I took out. Ironically I stayed out of the mountains because I didn't have the time or the energy for heavy snow hiking. I can tell you that climbing over and under the fall wasn't much easier.

Thankfully the worst damage was really limited to the first main trail out.

This is an old railroad bridge over the Tokul creek.

For us, it was an abruptly warm day. Good for Nim to acclimate to.

View of Tokul Creek from the bridge.

This entire area used to have some really nice second growth. It was alarming to see all the clear cutting, but it did get us some more sun exposure which was nice.

Look at that tired and content Nim. There is almost adoration in his eyes for me...which is not the eyes he gave me in obedience earlier. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment