Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Broken Cars, Job Changes, and Valentines

Happy Tuesday! I am happy because it is one day closer to Thursday actually.

My Jeep is still in the shop. It ran for 20 fabulous minutes last Friday before I had to have it towed again. As luck would have it that was also the first day of my seasonal tax work job, which I was then late for.

Thanks to my sister and my parents we sent the Jeep packing on the tow truck and Nim and I were back in my parent's spare truck.

My morning commute look like this now:


Notice he has the entire darn bench seat and yet he pulls this melodrama right in the middle. It suits his people watching and he can lean on my body for leverage.

I am in the process of changing the full-time job arrangement to part-time so these commutes will be ending. I am ramping up a full-time tax job at the same time. We are pooped.

I can tell my coping skills are low. I had a very tense conversation with a doctor's assistant today that wondered how I could have three jobs and no health insurance (ends this month until I can figure something else out).


Sunday I busted out the Valentine's Day dog bandana. You can tell Nim is thrilled about it. :)


3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your Jeep. I hope your job situation is what you want and I do hope you can figure out the health insurance situation. Not having any must surely add to any stress you are having...and the Jeep doesn't help either. You are lucky to have your family near by to help you out. I know what that is like.

    Thanks so much for all your kind words on my posts about my father. I think people who never knew him got a good sense of who he was. The eulogy was the best.

    Cheers,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly, despite actually putting myself under more pressure I am kind of excited about the tax job. I am one of those people that just enjoys tax. The health insurance thing is more of a pain in my behind because it is so much more challenging to even get insurance right now. On my list to deal with. I am hopeful on the car. It likes to keep me guessing. :)

      I loved "meeting" your dad these past several posts. I am grateful you shared. Probably a big adjustment for you to life without him. Sam

      Delete
  2. Sorry about your car again. Hope you get it back soon.
    Good luck with your tax season. Let the fun begin, right?
    I adore Nim in his Valentine bandana!

    ReplyDelete