This morning I took Nim for a walk with the main purpose of trying to photograph what I think are burros (if they are not burros, tell me - right now they are fulfilling my childhood "Brighty of the Grand Canyon" dreams). They were not where I hoped they would be, so I had to take photos later from the road.
Nim and I still had a good walk in search of them. The weather is beautiful but cold, and today there was a lot of wind.
For the New Year I don't have really any resolutions, but I will say these are some items on my radar for the year:
- 2016 may be the last year I work on the CPA exams. After this, I will probably walk away and that is OK. I will reevaluate as the year goes on. The exams are supposed to have another big change for 2017.
- I am also working harder to do more self-employment jobs which I am pretty excited about. Some of those steps went into place at the end of 2015.
- I have some dog shows already on the calendar for obedience and rally trials.
- I want to keep Nim happy and walking as much as I can. He doesn't give me much of a choice and we are both better for it.
- Some road trips would be great.
After my failed attempt to capture the burros on my walk (none of them would come close to the railroad grade side of the pasture). I drove to the place along the road I know I can find them.
This field used to home cattle. I am not sure if it is rental pasture land or what. I love these guys so much though.
Look at that one...looking at me like Nim does when he is about to be bad. :|
I think if I had pasture land I wouldn't mind a small herd of burros.
Happy New Year!