Tuesday, October 11, 2016

October at Jubilee Farm

This morning was very cold at the farm. All of us on kale definitely had some cold hands. I love the farm right when I show up and it is quiet and still uncrowded. I love the look of the October decorated farmhouse in the fog.


Eventually the fog burned off and the sun came out! This view is from under the grape trellis with the sun coming through. This season I had concord grapes for the first time. It was kind of an amazing experience for me. Basically like eating grape juice.


When you have a concord grape that is truly ripe it is incredibly good.


The tomatoes I assume are nearing the end of their season, but I love how they are strung in the houses. The first thing I did was plant tomatoes way back in May and I learned so much just doing that!


There are 2 new pigs on the grounds. Perhaps they will bring the next batches of piglets.


The sunflowers are starting to wilt down a bit, but still beautiful in the sun.


I never could get a good photo of the chicken coop. You will have to trust me that it is impressive. It involves a very large wagon structure.


I was so grateful to have sun on this workshare day!

No comments:

Post a Comment