Monday, December 19, 2016

Final Exam Done, More Quilting, and Winter Solstice is Coming!

It is a Monday!

My weekend started when I clicked "submit" on my final exam Friday. This should be my last final in a hopefully a very, very long time. I am ready to close the extended schooling chapter of life for now.


With the final behind me, I was able to devote potentially unhealthy amounts of hours to sewing. And yes, we still have snow. Although it is raining this morning so maybe mine will finally melt.


Here is a close up of some of the blocks. Very cute.


Meanwhile, I got another quilt started and this is a huge departure from my normal fabric choices. I love it already.


Wednesday will be the shortest day of the year! I get so excited about the Winter Solstice. Although you never notice the changes right away, just knowing I am past the shortest day of the year is usually very inspiring.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your exam. I hope you did well and got a good grade. I love the pink quilt and can't wait to see more of the new one. The prints are cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am just relieved to be done. I am loving all my projects right now. :) Sam

      Delete
  2. Congrats!!!!!

    And those quilts are fantastic, really impressive. Just don't cripple yourself over them.

    Nim, time to take mommy for a walk!

    ReplyDelete