Monday, February 13, 2017

Boulder Garden Loop

It is amazing to realize that last Monday I was completely snowed in, and this Monday the sun is shining and both Nim and I could hike without jackets.


The snow level is still really low and I didn't want to hike in snow today anyway, so I opted to stay closer to home on my winter loops. Today was a good day for the Boulder Garden Loop off Little Si.


We didn't have a tight window, so I made sure we detoured to see how the forest fire burn area is recovering.


Slowly the black on the tree is becoming less stark, but it is still pretty hard to miss.


Nim was so happy to be out.


It is always hard not to over hike during these first nice hiking days.


For the most part we had the hike to ourselves until we were on the way out. The few people we ran into were all happy to be out on such a pretty day.


For me, this was also a birthday hike. And how lucky am I to get weather like this for it. :)


6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Wow! We won't have weather like that for a few months. Looks like you had a great time on your hike.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, this weather has been truly amazing.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! What a wonderful gift from Mother Nature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday (a little belated) and what a wonderful way to celebrate! Hope its the start of a most excellent year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am making it a new start for sure. :) Sam

      Delete