Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Eve

Here it is, New Year's Eve and I have yet to pick out my fabric. Oh well, I refused to be stressed about my favorite annual quilting event. I might look through my stash a bit tonight, or it all is just going to have to happen tomorrow.


We are in such a freeze right now. I need to fill my feeders tomorrow.

In other news I got along with my sewing machine today and finished binding this quilt. Generally when I have issues with this machine it is around the bobbin.


I really like this quilt, but I am frustrated with my free motion stitches. I have still not quite perfected it yet, so I am still getting some skips and gathers. It is exceptionally noticeable on this quilt because you can tell I did sewing on it at vastly different times - like months apart.


Still, it is a fun color combination. It immediately went into the wash since Leela kept using it as a cave when ever she could get around my barriers.


Nim looks annoyed to be posed in his cute turtle jacket doesn't he? :) He wanted to run around the yard and I am sure the ground was cold on his behind.

It is almost 2015 for my east coast friends. Have a great night!

8 comments:

  1. Just past midnight here so Happy New Year! Nim is so cute in his turtle coat. The quilt looks great.

    Cindy

    P.S. Charlie wants to know if that coat makes him a Nim-ja Turtle? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! Hahahaha. That is hilarious. I will now call him that. :) I am sure deep down Nim assume he has super Nim-ja Turtle powers. That is funny.

      Delete
  2. P.P.S. You have hummingbirds in December?! So jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I really need to get them fed. I now pay enough attention to notice that I have different ones at different times of year. They are beautiful but such little fighters. I used to worry that feeding them was somehow messing with their migration, but it turns out that in my area that is not the case.

      Delete
  3. That is such a sad picture of the hummingbird!! :(

    The quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have fresh food today and should be happier. Thanks! I like it too.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Isn't that jacket cute?! That was such a bargain buy too. I love it. The quilt is beautiful, I just need to clean up some stitches in my upcoming projects.

      Delete