Saturday, March 14, 2015

I Passed REG - 1 CPA exam down, 3 to go!

Hello! Quick post before I am off to work.

February 23rd I quietly took REG again, and this week I found out I passed!


Things I did differently:
  • I wasn't sick
  • I recently changed my role in a very stressful job to make it a less powerful force in my life
  • I got off the CPA discussion boards
  • I "devalued" the exam - basically  similar to the job situation, I took away some of its power

When I got my current tax preparation job, I told myself all CPA exams were off the table until after April 15th, but I was pretty far along in my review for REG "round two" so I decided to give it another try. I had a really strong study plan for the final week leading up to it, and that helped me a lot.

After April 15th all my focus will be on FAR. I would like not to consistently take a test, fail the test, and have to take it again. So hopefully I learned something from the REG experience to make me a better preparer.

Rainy Rainy Saturday out here. The photo above is from Friday evening after work.

Oh, and Happy Pi day! If you are a vegan in Seattle you know that it is the happiest day at Pizza Pi. As luck would have it I will be in Seattle tomorrow, so I will probably go and get a treat.




8 comments:

  1. Congrats! Well done! Enjoy Pizza Pi, I have never been there. Will have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, I am still rolling around from all the pizza I ate last night.

      Delete
  2. Congrats again on passing your exam. I love Nim's smile in that picture. I would be smiling too if we had trees in bloom around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. He was so happy. That was also Friday evening and we were off for a gentle walk.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!! Woohoo!! You are going to fly through the rest of the exams!
    Wow! Beautiful pic of Nim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly hope so! But if nothing else I have learned a lot about what I need to review better.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on passing the exam. Beautiful pic of the tree blooms and Nim.

    ReplyDelete