Friday, October 30, 2009

Natue's Paintbrush - block #9



Nature's Paintbrush was far more detailed than my experience with the previous block. The bees were for me the hardest part. They were somewhat unclear in the tracing instructions and then I ended up doing things a little different to match the illustration.

Fortunately Hulu is currently running "The Pirates of Penzance" which is funny enough to get one through the most tedious task. :)




I did more adhesive-as-you-go as you can see with this red flowering. I don't like doing that before everything is laid out in case I make a mistake but it was the only way to manage the pieces.

As you can see there was a lot of small pieces to trace...less satisfying than the first time...



The right butterfly is hard to see. The pink really is that light.

But still it is a pretty block.

No comments:

Post a Comment