Monday, October 19, 2009

"Sharing the Solitude" block #8

So after about 15 minutes of trying to figure out the partial block and all the random huckleberries (but no bear snout) I gave up and decided to return to that block later. I realized I might understand this better if I tried to do one completely from beginning to end.

The tracing was surprisingly satisfying:

Trying to understand how the paper worked and what cut-outs went to which color was a bit more challenging. Fortunately there is a final product photo, but in the end I still had one completely unused color.

The layout was chaos. :) Hard to keep all the pieces behaving and in their place. Finally there was nothing left to do but just adhere it.

As you can see in the top photo it seemed to come together well. There is a small frog missing that will be in the left bottom corner and will overlap another block with a cute frog leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment