Monday, February 20, 2012

Scones

It is only Monday and I have baked cookies and scones...on the same day. This is either the start of a great week or preparation for another hard one. :)

These are a berry modification to the Daily Garnish Ginger Currant Scones recipe. You will notice mine look better this time around. This is because I wasn't talking on the phone while making them and actually did a better job with the final cutting and transfer.

This time around I will freeze part of the batch. Even eating 1 or 2 a day they did get a little stale last time around (not that I didn't finish them off anyway). So I am going to see how freezing works. The truth is, they are at their absolute best to me right after baking.

I can't wait for peaches to be in season to make a peach version.
I hope everyone has a great week. I think it is going to be a rainy one for us, but we will do our best.

****Quick Edit****

Apparently Thursday, February 23, is National Dog Biscuit Day (official title is actually International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day - who thinks this stuff up?!). Earth Pet in Issaquah will be having the following sale:

"Mark your calendars for February 23rd. This Thursday is National Dog Biscuit Day. Save BIG on your animals favorite baked treats. All baked cookies are buy one, get one half off! And all of the bulk biscuits are 25% off, that makes them $2.99 a pound! We are open from 10am - 8pm. See you then."

I don't bake dog biscuits as much as I used to. But maybe I will in honor of this bizarre holiday.


No comments:

Post a Comment