Saturday, August 11, 2012

Ugliest Quilt Block in a Long Time

Good morning! We are already starting off muggy, but the sun is shining and I have some road trip planning to do. More on that later, but I believe I have an "anchor" to put other dates around now...and probably more importantly, to commit me to doing the actual road trip rather than just dreaming about it.


Yesterday after more frenzied cleaning (Nim hates it, I love it) I finally started sewing on a quilt that I cut out during the quarter but hadn't started sewing yet.

Good thing I am impatient and tend to make blocks before I do all the piecing because this block is UGLY.


I was so disgusted that Nim got his way and we went for a walk with all the entire Snoqualmie Valley mosquito population so I could plan a new quilt in my head. I think I have an improved idea.


This is known as the Tokul area. It can be a bit of a relief for mid-afternoon hikes if you need a sun break but wow...the bugs were biting.


I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Mine is going to be full (especially with my seam-ripping plans on that ugly block).

Tomorrow Mom's mini-aussie Gypsy attempts her NW1 (first trialing level for K9 Nose Work). Nim will be attending in a supporting role because Gypsy loves him so. ;-)


One more thing for your Saturday:

Please send a little doggie prayer out to Nina at Bird Brains and Dog Tales and her humans: Cindy and Cindy's husband. As you can see, Nina is very elegant and beautiful. At 14.5 she is experiencing some kidney failure and some compassionate thoughts for all of them would be wonderful.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out and comments on my blog. We will see how Nina does over the next couple of days so keep the prayers coming.

    That looks like a nice walk if there weren't any mosquitoes.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course Cindy. I really am sorry for what you guys are going through. I know it isn't easy and I hope Nina continues to improve and stabilize a bit.

      The bugs were terrible. Then add my sweating...

      Delete
  2. prayers sent.
    PS my nephew may be interested in that "ugly" quilt block :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. prayers sent.
    PS my nephew may be interested in that "ugly" quilt block :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is TOTALLY a boy's quilt. :) I pulled all the sewing I had done (which wasn't much) and time to try a new design.

      Delete
  4. Prayers for Nina and her family!! That is so awful to hear! That Nascar would be popular around my neck of the woods! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it would. This isn't a huge Nascar state but there is pockets around here and one of the drivers is from around here as well so he is kind of big in his own city.

      Delete