For the first time ever I am going to try stating some new year goals. Generally I am not a big fan...I think it is the fear of failure part. But I am going to focus more on stuff that I think would enhance my life without making me feel terrible if they don't happen. So much in my life hasn't gone remotely as I envisioned, but I have still lived so much wonderful stuff.
1. Teach Nim at least one "trick" per month. These "tricks" will be towards rally-free and rally-obedience goals. I think this will be really good for me as a handler to start breaking down behaviors I am struggling with and figure out how he best learns.
2. Rally-obedience Novice title. We have one leg so far and received a lower score than his in-class performance. Time to work on nerves in the ring.
3. Road-trip again - most likely September again.
4. Once a month try and hike/walk somewhere that is not my usual places. Even better if it is somewhere completely new.
5. Finish 2 quilts.
6. Finish 2 knitting projects (I think I have been working on the same sock for 2 years).
7. Enter at least one quilt show...online or otherwise, but what I really want to do is the Duvall quilt show. It is one of my local favorites.
8. Complete this latest stage of schooling - this one is a biggie. Credit-wise I could be done by Fall 2013 at the latest, but a lot depends on my unemployment situation.
9. Do something meaningful for me when I turn 40 in February. We will see what February looks like. I am not a party person, so meaningful might be nothing at all and that would still be OK.
10. Migrate this blog to WordPress. I have been thinking about this for months but still hesitate to even make it a goal...maybe the goal is to continue to weight the options. :) There is some functionality in WordPress that I would like to have.
I think it will be fun to check in on these goals during the year. Especially since some are monthly related.
I am purposely not setting goals around some of the daunting long-term stuff. I know in my heart some of the things I still want in my life and the path to get there isn't necessarily clear to me or entirely in my control. For now that has to be OK.
Stay tuned...there should be a lot of Mystery Quilt updating going on...