This morning I assembled 10 of these units.
I am finding the block overall "cool" right now, so I am glad that the next sewing involves some of my warmer fabrics. I will say, I think I have a tendency towards a "cool" stash to begin with.
I seemed to be down about 10 squares for this unit. I either missed the instruction to cut them in the first place or they are hidden very well.
January's trick is going to be:
- "Jump over my Knee" (my vision is over my right knee while kneeling on my left. Eventually the word will be "knee")
This trick will be useful as a free choice on a Rally-free course as well as a trick behavior. He knows "jump" from agility, however I will not be using that word so I am starting from scratch.
Today I sat on the floor, my right leg out flat on the ground. If he advanced towards the leg he got a click, and treated on the other side of the leg. Absolutely no words or naming of the behavior at this point. No luring.
We made reasonable progress, except for Leela stealing the treats behind my back which made Nim frantic. (The cats actually know when the clicker comes out that treats are involved. You would think I would use this to train them).
- "Through" (Passing through my leg from left or right heel position. I just added "through" with him facing me head-on this Saturday)
- "Paw" (Only his left paw at this time. His right paw will be trained separately and put on a different verbal cue)
"Through" is applicable to Rally-free. "Paw" is applicable to Rally-free and Canine Good Citizen (CGC). Both are being shaped without luring. I have just started added their naming today: I give the word, wait a moment, and then give the physical cue.
Hopefully more sewing later!