Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Dessert Auction

Mostly it was rainy and dark yesterday so I never did get this quilt outside. I tried one more better lighting photo in the house.


People liked the quilt but I know for next year this particular auction is not the right venue. :) It was still good for me to have a sewing project right now. Perhaps NASCAR quilt is back in my future.



I did get Nim and I out for a fast hike between the rain. By the time we got to our turn around point we were even above the clouds!


I also baked for the auction:

Peanut Better Doughtzel Balls (all gluten free ingredients)
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (all gluten free ingredients)
Chocolate Pumpkin Loaf (not gluten free)



I used the Bob's Red Mill GF mix for both cookies. I definitely prefer spelt or something more wheaty in the oatmeal raisin.

I think the peanut butter cancels out the lack of wheat taste in the other cookies. Maybe oat flour would work for the oatmeal raisin? Both recipes do well gluten free however.


1 comment:

  1. Mmmm... I could go for those cookies right now! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete