Monday, November 12, 2012

Pinwheels Quilt Finished

This has been a long day of sitting and I am paying for it now. Nim (and honestly me) is going nuts from lack of activity and my back is worn out from the quilting.

I just came in from walking Nim in circles in the dark in my yard, but I will have to do better tomorrow - pacing the yard is hardly a dent in his activity needs.


Turns out the cats don't much care about what I am doing until after 2pm. Prior to that they are still sleeping.


Today was boring for everyone in general. Too much quilting for cats and no exciting cutting or measuring.

I have moved the dog bed under the sewing table. Sigh. This is because primarily because Emile was too cold next to the windows and I kept finding him on the slate next to a space heater. Leela spent a lot of time on the chair behind me while I was sewing.


I still think I liked turning the sewing machine like we learned at the Puyallup Sewing and Stitchery Expo. My biggest struggle is that with the machine in this position I occasionally sew over my own stitches. I never had that problem before.


If the weather cooperates tomorrow I will try and get a better lighting photo tomorrow, but I love how this quilt turned out. It is in the wash as we speak given all the cat participation.


Tomorrow is baking! Technically this quilt is going to be an item at a dessert auction, but they wanted to have non-dessert options. They have never had a quilt or anything like a quilt so let's hope it does OK.


5 comments:

  1. The quilt turned out great! I'm sure it will do well at the auction too.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. This may not really be a quilt audience, but we will see.

      Delete
  2. The quilt looks fantastic! Hope it brings in lots of money for the auction!

    ReplyDelete