Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Faces of Nim

Another very cold good morning! I am so darn happy it isn't raining, but it is clear, cold, and the winds are pretty brisk.

Most of my sunrise photo attempts just don't make it. Photos often just don't capture that feeling I get looking out at a sunrise. Trust me, this morning was beautiful.


I am not in great shape right now for hiking with this head cold, but I find I am more productive with my studies and job applying if I get out even a bit. Hiking generally balances me. If I am going to worry anyway, might as well be hiking while I do it.


These creek-side photos were from yesterdays walk. By the way, I don't know if it is from this head cold but wow did I fall a lot. My balance was pathetic!

As you can see, Nim LOVES rushing water. Loves it. He wishes that I would back him up to a rushing creek every day and take photos.


Finally I moved more inland and all was right in his brain. There were smells to smell and birds to scream at.


Then, we did this mornings sunrise hike:


LOL. It was NICE and windy. A slicing cold wind. He was in an awesome mood about it. I love his ears flapping and the grass all blurry behind him. I think I need to start packing his coat.

(Fuller Mountain is the bump in the foreground - one of my favorite places)

Have a great day! More webinars and knitting for me...

8 comments:

  1. I wish we had some beautiful mountains like that to look at every day. I love the many faces of Nim. He is such a cutie.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel lucky with my mountains. The rain is a bit brutal in the winter months, but it is very pretty out here.

      Delete
  2. I love that last picture of Nim. He looks so wise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure in his mind he was more wise than me for such a cold early morning hike.

      Delete
  3. How pretty!! Hiking balances me too. I wish I could do it more! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittany, I think overall I am feeling better. Now I am just back to not sleeping great because I don't. :)

      Delete
  4. The mountains are just beautiful! I so wish I could look out my window to that.

    Maybe your head cold is in your ears too, that's why your balance is off? I sure hope you're feeling better.

    Poor Nim, doesn't like the water does he? He kind of looks freaked in the picture. My boy is freaked just by the camera, so don't feel so bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He definitely is a doberman that doesn't get into the water and when it is rushing like that he is WAY less at ease. I think it will get better with more exposure, but he wasn't happy with me at all.

      I really do think it was the cold that made my balance off. It was incredibly bad, even by my standards.

      Delete