Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday

This Lent season has gone incredibly fast and here we are: Good Friday. This has probably not been one of the more peaceful times for me, but even focusing on a charity once a week can be a good reminder of the larger world out there and often times, much larger problems.


One of the things I talked about "giving up" for Lent was obsessive job searching and in the end I have actually be successful. As it turns out, it wasn't so much about "physically" limited my job search time on the computer as it was making peace with the situation I am in right now and redirecting energy a bit. This sounds considerably more zen then the actual process was.

Rather than just saying I will finish this accounting certificate whenever it happens I have made it a greater priority which means more classes per quarter and a greater focus on homework and studying. Right now my goal and hope is completion by the end of summer quarter. By shifting my focus a bit more on school I have taken control over something I can actually change.


For this Good Friday I have two wonderful charities that I have featured before. Both founders would be people I would love to meet and I love their stories of recognizing a need and working towards a dignified solution.

Caterina's Club - a program make sure low income children get a hot meal. I have noticed that this organization is branching out to try and get these families into apartments and help create some physical stability in these children's lives.

Early Childhood Development Center - this organization provides support for the children in Nepal when their mothers are in jail. The kids often go to jail with their mom rather than living on the street.


Enjoy this Good Friday.


2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter friend! I know that giving up the crazy job hunt was hard for you to do. I can't imagine the stress of it all plus school! I'm praying for you that God will give you a peace about everything! I'm always here if you need to chat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittany, I really appreciate your support! It has been hard but as long as I focus on school I know I am still working at it. I have both my classes in front of me as we speak. Thank you so much!

      Delete