Sunday, March 17, 2013

Knitting Help and Mushroom Stout Pie with Potato Biscuits

What a cold Sunday! The snow line came way down out here, but at least we still got a touch of sun.

In honor of my break it was time to make one of the recipes I have been holding off on. This is Mushroom Stout Pie with Potato Biscuit by Post Punk Kitchen.


My main modification was sweet potato for the biscuits which came out wonderful. This recipe came out quite well! I am glad she reduced to three cups liquid, I think 4 would have been too soupy. One could argue I went too heavy on the pepper, but at least I am the only one eating it. I also subbed 1 tablespoon miso for the beer. I don't drink often enough to justify buying the beer, miso however I consume in large quantities. I totally recommend the recipe!


Emile and I have a very fragile truce surrounding the knitting project. He can have his paw there...but no biting. In exchange for his cooperation I will keep the electric blanket on high.


8 comments:

  1. Your soup and biscuits look delish! Poor Emile just wants to help. Oh how I wish I could have a cat.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, it was a heavenly winter dish. I highly recommend it.

      I know, Emile struggles so. And he really wants to be close by so then having the yarn unrolling by his is hard stuff. :)

      I think you are my second commenter that is a cat owner vicariously through my blog. :) Maybe you need to convince Charlie that cats need rescue too...

      Delete
  2. Make that a third vicarious cat owner!

    And a second drooler over soup and biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emile can NEVER get enough love, attention, and validation. He welcomes all. :)

      I highly recommend the recipe.

      Delete
  3. Boy, Emile looks super self-satisfied in that last photo. I love sweet potatoes and I love biscuits, so I think that could be a pretty happy combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came out REALLY well. And some thing vegan doesn't always do so well, so even I was surprised.

      Delete
  4. I want that soup and biscuits... It has been so cold here. That would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe with some flour modifications you could pull this off? It is one of those recipes that gets better as leftovers.

      Delete