Sunday, August 2, 2009

Apples coming in



I don't eat the apples on my trees, but the wildlife definitely does.



The elk are so loud when they are pulling back on the branches that I can often get closer to them unnoticed (not too close).

This particular elk came repeatedly all day. I have another one that seems to be nearby with the youngest elk calf I have seen yet; but I can't even get close to her to get a photo and I don't want to stress her or make her run.

It is still horribly dry, hot, and hazy out here so I am glad the fruit is starting to come in for the animals. I am watching a lot of them shred at some pretty sad looking grass.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, seeing your gorgeous pictures of the scenery and the wildlife makes me homesick for WA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! How cool that they come up so close for you to watch!

    ReplyDelete