Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday Surprise

This morning I was going in the front door and thought I heard a very familiar low level peeping. And looked up to see two baby bird sticking their heads out my wren nest.

Since I hadn't seen the adult wren with a mate; this caught me off guard. All my other wren families have been a 2 parent system. Makes me think that maybe he got killed at some point which is too bad.

By the afternoon there were 4 heads. Doing some online photo comparison, they might be a few days old?

When I first got Rusty and would try and lay next to him he would look at me confused and get up and walk away. He has come a long way (those are my legs he is laying against).

1 comment:

  1. See the animal world is adapting to single parenting. ;) Sweet baby birdies.

    ReplyDelete