Thursday, May 5, 2016

Leela and her Puppy

Hello May! The sun is shining, the flowers are blooming, and I started another quilt. I am working on another Bonnie Hunter free pattern: Oklahoma Backroads!


For me, this is a little more controlled scrapping than usual - in that I went the all brown theme for the "lights." The photo is terrible due to lighting, but the colors really are all very pretty. I had to re-read and re-read to really wrap my brain around the assembly of the block, but I think it will go faster the more I make.


With Emile (orange), Leela is generally the reluctant snuggler. Usually it comes down to her not wanting to give up the electric blanket, stove, sunspot, whatever Leela deems hers...


With Nim there is such a love and attachment it really is kind of amazing to watch. When he is gone for the day, Leela seeks him out the second he is home. In the bed it would never occur to her not to touch him. She bites him when he doesn't do what she wants, and he patiently puts up with it all.


I find it funny that she would never, ever cuddle up to me like this. Apparently Nim and her speak a special language.

Tomorrow I will be doing my first workshare shift at Jubilee Farm in Carnation. I am looking forward to it. I am hoping maybe some of the farming techniques will make me a better gardener. :)

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see more of the quilt. Leela is too cute with her cuddling up to Nim. He is such a sweet and patient boy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. He really does just think she is part of his pack. They are funny together. I am excited about this quilt too!

      Delete