Monday, July 1, 2013

Hello July!

The rotation of frozen towels has been in effect since yesterday. Still can't sell the cats on it, but Nim is game.


We are roughly 90 out here, and for those of you not from this area, AC in houses and even in cars for that matter is not considered a necessity like it is in other parts of the world. This means were are pretty ill equipped when we do get heat waves.


Pascal, the animal who should probably be the most fragile in this weather is totally holding strong. He actually makes a spitting noise (not a happy one) when I put the cooling stone in his cage (in this photo it is the granite sheet he is sitting on). I think it is cold on his feet. But he eventually usually uses it. As I type this, only his head is resting on it.


The temperatures we are experiences are definitely nothing like the southwest state right now, and for that I am grateful.

5 comments:

  1. Nim is a smart boy. I could never live without AC in my house or car. Hope it cools off soon.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally fixed the AC in my current car when Nim was about 1 year old. He was hurting, but for the most part I do OK. We just have so few heat stints like this. It is looking like July might be harder this year.

      I hope it cools off too...mostly just some relief at night!

      Sam

      Delete
    2. Frozen towels, what a great idea! Though not surprised the cats aren't on board, cats are notoriously conservative when it comes to new ideas unless they think of them themselves.

      Hope it's cooled down some by now!

      Delete
    3. Ha! That is totally true that it has to be their idea. :) It actually has cooled down for the 4th quite a bit.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that sure is warm! I know visiting my grandmother in PA growing up, I couldn't understand how she lived without a/c. Same thing up in the NE, a lot of homes without a/c. Sure hope it got cooler by now for you!

    ReplyDelete