Sunday, November 10, 2013

2013 Quilted In Honor Mystery Quilt - Clue #1

Good morning!

Nim and I only had to go outside once last night so I consider that a good night. And he wants to eat today so clearly he is feeling better.

I woke up to 3 clues released for the mystery quilt. So with Leela by my side, sewing has begun.


Below is all my units for clue #1 of the Quilted In Honor Mystery Quilt. I have never made a Cindy Carter pattern, but I am liking her instructions and so far no issues in the quilting. 


Not naming any names, but I seemed to be short a few white 2.5 * 2.5 squares.


I am doing the red fabric border version and my friend Cindy is doing the blue fabric border version so hopefully I will get a photo of her quilt so you can see the different options. The blog for this mystery quilt seems to be pretty quiet comment-wise so it is nice that Cindy and I can talk progress.

Hopefully more to come!

3 comments:

  1. Ack!!! Too many Cindy's...I'm getting confused ;-)

    Do you really think that sweet orange kitty of yours would mess with your sewing? I hope you can get pictures of your friends quilt to see how the two different color ways turn out. Good luck with your progress and I hope you don't loose any more pieces.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That is why I put a link for my friend Cindy that does all the dog swimming because it is a ton of Cindys. :)

      To be honest I am pretty sure I just didn't cut enough squares knowing me. Or worse yet they were sewing into the HST which would be unfortunate. It is just fun to blame him.

      Delete
  2. Emile's like, no way, not me, not ever. Can't wait to see the quilt progress.

    ReplyDelete