My fabric more or less survived the night with minimal rearranging, but Emile did eat several of my post-its that were marking piles.
I do want to do a post about our Fun Run and Family Dog in Kent, WA yesterday. Cindy came out to support and film us. Nim loves her.
The Family Dog facility is nice and the people were helpful. The woman running the Rally ring handles Bernese Mountain dogs and she was a pleasure to watch. She went into the ring twice and I really watched her because she is handling a tall dog as well so it was good for me to watch how she works. She was a very clean and quiet handler.
It was somewhat tight moving between rings if you have a dog with space issues, but everyone is pretty professional there and to be honest it isn't much different than dealing with a show environment in that regard. All of us really were focusing on the same stuff and really supportive of each other.
There were three rings going: 2 for obedience and 1 for rally. I enjoyed watching the obedience quite a bit. I wouldn't mind trying that out next time I get a chance to attend.
We paid for 2, 5 minute tickers. I had never done this before and thankfully a handler went before me so I realized that basically the ring is yours for 5 minutes.
I have added the links for the two videos for the day. These links are actually more for me from a journal perspective and they might be kind of boring and long to watch. If you were going to watch one, I would watch our second time in.
- We were sloppy and I had poor timing in more than one spot.
- I often cued way too late going into a sign which didn't help our form.
- My life would be so much easier if there wasn't leash requirements at the Novice level.
- Nim and I truly had a great time and were totally engaged together.
- I need to slow down if I have any prayer of cleaning up some of our work.
- However speed and energy keeps Nim focused and his recovery was nice.
- Thankful for cages on the dog dishes...each one had a biscuit which he never got to self-reward on.
- Our number one goal right now is focus in new areas and I think we did that well.
- We had fun - it was the perfect start to the new year.
1st time in ring - 5 minute ticker
2 time in ring - 5 minute ticker
Big thank you to Cindy for filming, supporting, and giving Nim all the attention he demands.