Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Busy October

This has to be one of the busiest Octobers I have ever had.

I successfully condensed my work space down to my main living area. This should make my life easier in the cold and wet weather and I am hoping will cut down on my heating bill.

Nim has more or less accepted the arrangement. The bed is right next to my desk so if he is on the bed he is pretty much at an accessible level if he wants attention; which is all the time. 


Pascal is also in the bedroom/office area (to be honest, my house is basically one open living space - the only closing door is the bathroom one).


The cats took the move the hardest and they didn't even go anywhere. It was just all the change. They literally didn't shut up for 2 days.

My job will be over at the end of the month. Right now between closing down that job and job hunting I spend a lot of time adhered to my chair. And did I mention it has been pouring rain?

Naturally we finally get a break in the weather after I have finished the second stage of a huge lunch (to keep my energy up for all the sitting). I looked at Nim, I looked out the window, I thought of the work I had to do...and we still went for it. 


My body and my stomach didn't get along for about the first mile or so but other than that the rain held and this was probably the best thing I could have done for myself and Nim.


I am going through sewing and knitting withdrawal as we speak. Hopefully I will get an area set up for that soon but realistically, I don't have a lot of extra time right now.


4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you are so busy! I hope that you are able to get some good relaxing time after crazy October is over. Just think... you are 1/2 way there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, part of me can't believe how much has happened in the first 15 days. I am going so many different directions right now.

      Delete
  2. Hope they calm down for you soon! I am such a routine person, that it drives me crazy when I have to do other things out of routine.

    I'm not so sure about your desk being next to your bed with Nim on it. We all know how that nose bumping works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tea has been in the biggest danger. Between the doberman nose and the cat, I have to keep the desk pretty clear.

      Delete