Anyway, on to more fun stuff like Pascal on his new mat that I got on my Petsmart spending frenzy due to gift cards. Cute as ever. He will be 13 this September.
I had been thinking about the Lentil Stew recipe from Chocolate-Covered Katie for about a week now except Lentil Stew sounded too heavy. Today it finally sounded good and to be honest I need some healthier food for next week after the way I ate last week.
This is easy to make and a really great stew.
- No celery (just forgot)
- Light on the mushrooms (too expensive - I did 2 packages of sliced)
- No tomato paste (not worth the partial open can)
- No fennel. Fennel is like cilantro or dill I think. You either like it or you can't stand it.
- No paprika. Apparently I am out.
- No veggie stock. Didn't seem necessary, and it wasn't. 1.5 cups water instead.
- Added 1 can coconut milk. Add when you add the spinach. Coconut milk and lentils have a flavor love-affair, they are meant to be together.
- No lemon zest. We all know how I feel about zesting.
Nim went swimming today at Aquadog Spa. I panicked to see him limping this morning for the 2nd time this week. I panicked because:
a. he has to be active or it is bad for everyone, and
b. I don't like him hurting.
I am not sure what is going on here, but he did have a great swim. Apparently he likes to snuggle with his antler.
To make matters worse, another mystery quilt calling my name! I better get the New Year's Day one finished before January 27th.