Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Happy Fat Tuesday and A Discovery of Witches

Good morning celebrators! Regardless of how you celebrate the day, I hope it is something happy just for you.

Yesterday I finished "A Discovery of Witches" and I think perhaps my feast today will be going out and buying the second book.

Normally I am not bothered when people tell me about endings and surprises in books and movies so I tend to forget that this actually bothers other people...I am trying to get better.

"A Discovery of Witches" is one of those books that greatly benefits in the constant surprising unfolding in my opinion so you have nothing to worry about me spoiling something.


So with that in mind, I will say simply two things:

1. I bet I would enjoy yoga if I was a witch
2. When was the last time a house was one of your favorite characters?

I really loved this book and often more for the surrounding history and supporting characters than the two primary characters. Nim loved this book too because I was so sick I basically was stuck in bed reading it. It is written by a woman who is a history professor so if you don't enjoy reading extended history, fictional or not, you might not love this book, but I hope you give it a try.

Lastly: Lenten Rookie Mistakes. Enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. I don't mind when people tell me the ending either... in fact, I prefer it! I need to read more books....

    ReplyDelete