Thursday, December 17, 2009

Binding

I went to put the blocks together and ran into a problem. With each block there is a background fabric and you are given the dimensions to cut it down.

So my friend did her blocks without cutting the background fabric down at all while I cut my down exact (sometimes you only trimmed a half inch, sometimes several inches). You can imagine the problem. I managed to get things together without cutting off any animals, but definitely parts of the blocks got sewn into the seams that weren't intended to.

I also found that some of the blocks that had probably been rolled up for years were losing their adhesiveness and I had problems with pieces trying to come up. It looks much more balanced now with the borders on. :)

1 comment:

  1. you should know by now that things that come from me are always half ass.

    ReplyDelete