Saturday, December 12, 2009

Completed socks

These socks were started a couple of years ago. The pattern is "Roza's Socks" by Grumperina, Spring 2007 Interweave Knits.

I followed the pattern suggestion for Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn, my color was "Purple Club" (701). I actually really really liked the yarn, but I am not sure that I like it as a sock yarn. It seems to have absolutely no stretch or give. None. And amazingly, this is the first time I have followed a pattern and not had my end result run big. The person intended to receive these has a smaller foot than mine, so hopefully that will be OK.

I didn't mind that I ran short in the foot length, I could have adjusted for that, but I found the heel oddly tight.

The socks are worked in a brioche and rib pattern. I don't believe I had done brioche prior to this pattern and you can see the effect sort of in the above pattern when the rib is stretched. It is a very pretty stitch.

These socks were started when my two youngest cats were really young and I was still learning that after years of pets that couldn't care less about my knitting suddenly I had two that were VERY interested. These socks took the most damage between chewed bamboo needles and yarn. I didn't notice one of the small hole until last night when I was all done and admiring the work. So I had to do some "repairing" much as I could anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment