Friday, March 7, 2014

Valley Renewal Center

So I didn't manage to post this morning as I had hoped, but it is still Friday!


By some miracle it we even got a break in the incessant rain today.

This Friday I would like to feature the Valley Renewal Center here in the Snoqualmie Valley. This local organization is in its second year of hosting an emergency homeless shelter during our cold and miserable winter months.

I would love to see them eventually have year round options too complete with case workers like Congregations for the Homeless (Congregations for the Homeless is a partner with Valley Renewal Center and helps manage the shelter) currently offers in the more suburban east side cities, but for now they offer a very needed service in a relatively rural area.

I have had the chance to meet some of the staff and volunteers and they are all great people. I am grateful for the very needed service they provide.

Have a great Friday night!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great organization! Even to have someplace to eat and go take a shower and get refreshed would probably mean the world to someone who's homeless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think just the sense of a location is helpful especially if you are trying to get a job or rebuild your life.

      Delete