Saturday, January 14, 2012

Thankful for Rain

Nothing like a forecast of snow to make me perfectly content with rain. I am confident the snow will hold off until the evening. :)

This morning I finished piecing the baby quilt. The pattern is from the book "Phenomenal fat quarter quilts" by M'liss Rae Hawley.

It is my first experience with really any curved pieces in quilts. It reminded me a bit of easing armholes or bodice work in clothing. Since much of this quilt is spread around my working area it is going to take me awhile to find out what fabric I have left to decide borders and binding, but at least the piecing is done.

Nim is working on looking pathetic as possible. He hasn't had a full meal since yesterday morning after that started off hours of diarrhea + vomiting in the car when I thought I might actually leave the house. Perhaps he knew I was avoiding my confusing homework and wanted to force me to stay in? If so, mission accomplished Nim - I finished the darn assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment