Thursday, July 26, 2012

Motivation

This week is a bit of a blur, but I believe Monday was our dark and cold day. I actually felt fear all of a sudden about winter coming back (I REALLY haven't recovered from last winter), even though it is still July.

Anyway, I did some research to make myself feel better and it turns out Desert Aire, WA (an area I know I just didn't know it had a name) might be the driest and warmest area in the state come winter. Provided I can get there. Good to know.


Today however the sun is shining and most of the week has been warm. In the above photo Nim's little head is in front of a giant root ball.

I feel extra motivated right now to stay on top of everything because I really think I am going to make this road trip vacation happen. It has been literally years and years since I have actually done a vacation I am embarrassed to say (last summer I was in more central Oregon and aspects of that were vacation-like but mostly I was there to help with a class). It may not be the best planned thing, but if I go for it at least it will be mine.

I have had inspirations in all directions, but I think I will focus Oregon coast and maybe down into Northern CA. I will know more in August what I can swing. Right now it is just fun to play with the options.


Notice Nim is in the mud hole. The fresh running water is the upper left of the photo. The beauty of short-coat dogs is that mostly the mud shakes out before you make it back to the car.


I even wiped off some of the slobber before this photo was taken but it is still everywhere.

Back to homework...

8 comments:

  1. We took a trip down the coast this time last month...mostly to see a friend in Bandon, but we drove along the coast for fun. Such a pretty area! We also hit the Redwoods. Lots of neat, short hikes. Hope you guys have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I am so behind in my commenting and posting. This quarter needs to end. :)

      I have a lot of ideas for the road trip so I am crossing my fingers it happens. I haven't been on the Oregon coast in awhile.

      Delete
  2. I couldn't find Nim in the first picture until I made it bigger. He sure looks like he enjoyed the hike.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a HUGE stump. :) He is really coming into a nice age for hiking. He is 2 so his body is more mature. He still isn't relaxing or easy yet, but good endurance and I don't worry about hurting him.

      Delete
  3. that first photo is very "wheres nim"
    a trip to oregan sounds divine. i can imagine how beautiful that drive would be

    ReplyDelete
  4. In case you are wondering, I have started a new blog "balancegirl.weebly.com"
    I have recieved numerous spam messages to my old blog so I decided to do this on the side just in case. It's a pilot project but i hope that you like it and continue to visit for chats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ran over there right when I saw this comment. :) I am looking forward to following you!

      Delete