Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sun, Books, and Coconut Products

My midterm is coming up which meant that Monday I had to bargain with myself and the super nice weather. The compromise was studying in the yard.

Nim would come by and check in for some treats.

In my continuing effort to try new things, this week I have made two coconut related purchases. I had to compromise on the Earth Balance Coconut and Peanut Spread and buy creamy because it was all that was stocked.



I am somewhat grateful that I am not drawn to inhaling it. I think honestly it might be the agave, I am not a huge fan of sweetened peanut butter (I realize the irony given the amount of baked goods I eat with peanut butter). The smell is wonderful however. While fine straight, I think it might be good for more sauces and stir fry. I did put some on cauliflower I happened to be cooking at the same time and that was a really good combination.

The Coconut Manna (coconut butter) on the other hand  is in my category of "how did I live without this?"

When I went to the store to get the coconut butter I also had farro on the list as something new to try. The farro was about 8.99 and I think the Coconut Manna was about 9.99. Something had to be sacrificed. Quinoa is cheaper than farro anyway and a complete protein.I believe I made the correct choice.

Once I tasted it, I knew I needed to do something with that coconut butter right away.



I do plan to do some baking this week, but for quick and easy, I decided to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge.

Since I didn't have a "very ripe" banana I tried the melted banana trick. It is a good thing that it does what it needs because that is a very bad smell.

My ingredients blended up a bit course but smoothed out well when pressed into the container. I really liked the flavor as well.
Hopefully I can block out some time for some real baking soon. I foresee putting coconut butter on a lot of different baked goods.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of Nim licking his lips and looking at the treats on the table! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! I get to use my reply button! Thanks to another blogger pointing out my comment settings were restricted only to google account holders (who knew). I spent the afternoon dealing with my comments settings.

      And yes, Nim was pretty cute about checking in while I was doing homework. Naturally he turned it into a game.

      Delete