Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Best Unmade Plan

Starting from when I woke up at 11:30pm last night and couldn't sleep again until 3am - pretty much nothing today went as intended except that I did finish my final.

When I couldn't sleep I seriously considered doing the final in the ridiculous early hours of the morning...but I knew I was dangerously tired. I wanted to get a little sleep before I went for it.

The rest of the day was dominated by a stunning amount of rain. I was so tired but I really wanted to do something to celebrate the end of this quarter. I had seen a sign at Kesudo in Crossroads Mall for henna.

Suddenly that seemed like the perfect idea. I love henna. I love the look of it and I love the smell of it.

The gal that did my hands was SO nice. She was just a sweet and pleasant person. I don't think they get a lot of requests for full hands and I was lucky that it was a slow day so she could really take her time with the design. These photos hardly do the design justice.

I was going to go into the U District afterwards to an import store and hopefully to walk Nim around, but when I was done at Crossroads it was actually raining harder and the traffic was horrendous so I took my decorated hands back home.

3 comments:

  1. very pretty, a nice reward for finishing your final

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks! I am loving the design even as it fades and my car had a nice smell of henna the next day.

    ReplyDelete