Thursday, March 29, 2012

Unwinding the Day

I honestly don't know that Leela ever feels stress. Emile can hold a grudge for a long time. He likes extensive suffering that involves making others miserable. Leela seems to always quickly recover and make her own contentment.

You can tell that even Nim looks a little better than this morning. After I finished the quilts we ran out to obedience and then headed to Bellevue to drop the quilts off. He was exceptionally focused and responsive in obedience today so I think he felt better to be on his schedule doing what is familiar.

He slept really hard afterwards while I struggled in some thick traffic (it is a hard cold rain day) and dropped off my quilts.

I knew right away what I was going to make today once I got home. This is a Copycat Recipe: Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs by Chocolate-Covered Katie.

The above photo is the center with powdered sugar, peanut butter and a bit of salt. How can it go wrong?

I am sure I have had Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs at some point but I have apparently forgotten them, so I just trusted her that they tend to be flat and oval. 7 cute little babies all ready for the freezer.


Close-up of one...with the bottom of my tea cup in the back Vogelstar: your mug is prettier...mine has less of a chance of burning me and travels in the car. :)

This is the first recipe that made me go out and buy coconut oil. I know it is good for me but it is very expensive. I seriously shouldn't have waited so long. I love the flavor of it plain and as a chocolate sauce base it was really good. It will absolutely change some of my baking.

Meanwhile for some reason while I was concentrating SUPER hard on my "eggs" (I was actually laughing, because lets face it, mine are ugly) Nim and Emile got hyper and started harassing each other under the chair. Leela naturally didn't leave her throne. I tried to get a photo but the second I turned they acted angelic (guilty).

I am a little embarrassed about this photo because I don't remember them looking quite so...unrefined?...when I was looking at them with my own eye.

Oh well, they are ugly and they are all mine! Currently they are sitting in the freezer and I am keeping myself busy so I don't try one before it sets a little more.

I keep thinking maybe I belong in a baking creative type of job, but I am seriously going to have to work on my presentation and laziness for that to happen. Can you imagine if I got paid for all the recipes I love trying out? :) That is a nice thought.

Perhaps next time I make these I can focus on presentation and decorate them with little pink frosting flowers.

4 comments:

  1. haha I bet they taste just as good. They look rustic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have been excellent! I love the term rustic. That is a good description.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY want to try out those copycat reese's eggs too. It will have to go on the mile long "to do" list...sooo there is a slight chance it will not get done until NEXT Easter! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Tanya! Definitely do try them. My second run went even better. I doubled the recipe, took more time on the coating and brought them to a group of friends.

    It is a super fast and easy recipe. But I understand. Right now I am baking/cooking/experimenting to drop stress, some weeks it is something else. :)

    ReplyDelete