Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Vanilla Ice Cream and Peanut Butter Cake

So I was going to wait to do the final step in of the Voluminous Vanilla Ice Cream until tonight, but I was sick of my finals studying and really wanted dessert.

Yesterday the ingredients were mixed and frozen in a container.

Then you microwave the container just a bit and in my case drop it in the food processor.

After some mixing I decided to add peanut butter and chocolate chips.

You can go ahead and laugh at it (if you didn't already when it was a frozen slab). But I am pretty proud of myself. When I try again there will be more vanilla added + peanut butter. If I had coconut milk around I would have used that initially to thicken it. It has more of an "ice" consistency but I totally enjoyed it.

Then I quickly put together this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup recipe to eat with the ice cream. Single serving peanut butter cake + microwave?! I literally had this ready in about a minute. My ice cream wasn't even melted yet.

It went REALLY well with the ice cream. I will probably try cutting the sugar amount next time (I think it depends a lot if you normally eat sugar or natural peanut butter and since I eat natural it was almost overload sweet). My plan for next time is to try reducing the sugar and add chocolate chips.

On the plus side I am now quite hyper and productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment